TAP’s interactive workshops help children learn important life skills and coping techniques. Our lively professional puppetry, using life size, table top puppets, helps students learn to be aware of differences and accept people for who they are.
We have a variety of programs to support teachers and students in the 2020-21 school year and help deliver classroom learning goals.
1. Traditional TAP workshops in schools
In areas that have been least affected by COVID-19 and where schools would be able to welcome five (5) puppeteers, one facilitator and their equipment into their school, we would deliver our interactive TAP workshops in person and host a rich Q&A discussion after the workshop has been presented.
2. Pre-recorded TAP workshops with live online interactive discussions
In the Fall 2020 or January 2021, TAP would send a pre-recorded link of one of TAP’s workshops allowing the teacher to view this with their students in their classroom, at their convenience. At a mutually convenient time, set up between the teacher and TAP Director, an online virtual rich interactive Q&A would occur between the students and TAP’s puppets.
3. Live online TAP workshops with interactive discussions
In the Fall 2020 or January 2021, TAP would set up a mutually convenient time, between the teacher and the TAP Director, so that TAP could present a live online TAP workshop with rich interactive Q&A discussions. Similar to our traditional in person workshops but online to adapt to the current environment.
4. Pre-recorded TAP conversation starters for teachers to use in their classroom
In the Fall 2020 or January 2021, TAP would send a pre-recorded link to the teacher to use in their classroom as a conversation starter to view at their convenience. The teacher would continue the conversation after the TAP video had been watched by their students.
Topics include: Mental Health and Wellness, Anti Bullying, Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness, Epilepsy Awareness & Seizure first aid, Different abilities. Click here for more topics.
- Supports and includes element of the grades K-6 Ontario Curriculum Expectations
- Teaches students about diversity, awareness and inclusion
- Informs and addresses myths, misconceptions and stereotypes about various disabilities, medical conditions, social issues and daily life challenges
- Provides support and encouragement to students and educators
- Provides support and encouragement to students with a disability
- Provides a link to other resources in the community
Please contact us for more information. email us at email@example.com.