Every child is important and deserves to be treated fairly. We all want to have a friend and be included. Bullying can be hurtful and challenge a person’s self esteem. TAP’s Friendship Strategies Workshops are designed to help students learn about how to be a good friend and to stand up for themselves and others in order to help create kinder more inclusive communities.
- Bullying is when someone is not being treated properly
- Everyone deserves to be treated properly
- Bullying can come in the form of physical or emotional actions
- People might bully because they feel scared, unhappy, jealous, excluded or unsure of themselves
- A bully is not always a bully
- It is important to stand up for yourself and others if you are being bullied
Curriculum Connections: Language Arts, Health and Physical Education, Social Studies & The Arts
TDSB Character Traits: Empathy, Fairness, Cooperation, Kindness & Caring, Teamwork, Respect, Honesty
TCDSB Virtue Traits: Forgiveness, Courage, Peace Making, Compassion, Gratitude.